Come to one of our open tryouts
LRG sometimes holds open tryouts for skaters who wish to join the main London Rollergirl league.
Who can try out?
It is expected that you will have had some training in roller derby already, but if you are an excellent skater from another skating discipline who can pick up new skills very quickly, you may try out even if you don't have derby training or scrimmaging experience. Otherwise:
- You must have had training in derby basic skills so you can stop and fall safely (and more)
- You must have experience scrimmaging and know the basic rules of roller derby
- You must not already be affiliated with another roller derby league (LRG rec league skaters are welcome to try out)
What will try-outs involve?
- Basic derby skills drills
- A brief interview (we want to know more about you, and why you want to do this).
Check our calendar for details of our next tryout.
Are you new to roller derby?
Then we suggest you join our Recreational League. This will allow you to learn the basics of the sport, and to decide whether playing roller derby competitively is for you.
We'll hold regular tryouts for our Rec League skaters.
Are you an experienced skater with another league?